Lorenzo F. Garcia, Jr., Homeric Durability: Telling Time in the Iliad
Introduction. Homeric Durability: Time and Poetics in Homer’s Iliad
1. Decay, Disintegration, and Objectified Time: The Rhetoric of Time and Memory
2. Men and Worms: Permanence and Organic Decay
3. Permanence and Non-Organic Structures: Walls in the Iliad
4. Memorials, Tombs, and the γέρας θανόντων: The (Im)Permanence of Mortuary Architecture in the Iliad
5. The Impermanence of the Permanent: The Death of the Gods?
Appendix. The Semantic Field of ‘Decay’ in Homeric Epic
To cite this work:
Garcia, Lorenzo F., Jr. 2013. Homeric Durability: Telling Time in the Iliad. Hellenic Studies Series 58. Washington, DC: Center for Hellenic Studies.