Travel Study Programs
CHS in Greece organizes, supports, and hosts a series of other programs, organized by CHS DC and/or other collaborative American educational institutions. These programs combine educational trips with study and research in Greece and give American students and other participants the opportunity to visit Greece and its important archaeological and historical sites, while attending seminars on classical studies and history, taught by distinguished scholars.
In this context for the academic year 2016–2017, CHS DC organizes, and continues supporting, the following Travel Study Program:
Harvard Alumni Association – Center for Hellenic Studies Harvard Spring Break Trip 2017
In cooperation with the Harvard Alumni Association, the Center for Hellenic Studies supports the organization of the “Greece Spring Break for Students and Alumni” Trip in March 2017. Academic head of the program is professor Nagy. Starting from Nafplio and Mycenae and proceeding through the Peloponnese on our way to Delphi and Athens, we can delve into this part of the world and its unique history, supplementing our explorations with selected readings in translation from Homer, Pausanias, and even some modern texts.
The group consists of students and alumni, offering an intergenerational academic approach to the experience.
The program is open to HeroesX alumni, as well.
Please follow the link to learn more.
2017 Schedule by day:
- March 11: Arrivals in Athens / Drive to Nafplio
- March 12: Nafplio / Visit the Acropolis of Mycenae, Palace & the Treasury of Atreus
- March 13: Drive to Pylos / Nestor’s Palace / Drive to Olympia
- March 14: Olympia / Visit the birthplace of the Olympic games / International Olympic Academy / Drive to Delphi
- March 15: Delphi / Visit the "Navel of Earth" / Drive to Athens
- March 16: Athens / Parthenon and the Erechtheion / New Acropolis Museum / Ancient Agora
- March 17: Athens / National Archaeological Museum
- March 18: Athens / Hellenic Parliament / Walking tour of the historic center
- March 19: Departure from Athens
For additional information please contact Ms. Marina Cheilitsi, CHS GR Programs Coordinator, through telephone (+30 27520 47030, Nafplio, Greece) and/or email mcheilitsi(at)chs.harvard.edu.