Please Note: There are no current openings.
Harvard University’s Center for Hellenic Studies in Greece (CHS Greece) is an international Center, supporting Harvard's global presence and activities.
CHS Greece is looking for a qualified person to work as Programs Assistant for the new Harvard Summer Program in Nafplio and Crete, Greece (Data Science), which is organizationally and logistically supported by the CHS Greece. The Programs Assistant will work closely for two and a half months (mid-May to end of July 2019) with CHS Managers and Coordinators to prepare all organizational and logistical aspects of the Program, and he/she will support every aspect of the Program’s implementation in Nafplio, Athens, and Rethymno.
CHS Greece will also offer a (paid) training period in March with the Harvard Alumni Association - CHS Spring Break travel study program in Greece. The Programs Assistant will participate in the program for its entire duration (March 15 - 23, 2019, in Nafplio, Olympia, Delphi, and Athens) and work alongside an experienced CHS Programs Manager.
- Working with Harvard-CHS faculty, managers and coordinators, to support the planning process of the program, as well as every stage of its implementation
- Collaborating daily with faculty, students, fellows, guest lecturers, and others to organize and monitor the program’s every-day schedule
- Communicating with hotels, travel agencies, museums, restaurants to organize practical needs of the program related to meals, cultural activities/visits, transportation and accommodation, etc.
- University degree (preferably on Humanities or Social Sciences, but any degree or academic background that fits the described profile will be seriously considered)
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Very good knowledge of Office suites (e.g. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Very good knowledge of the contemporary Greek socio-economic situation, culture, and everyday life
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong sense of collegiality and teamwork
- Comfort in photography, and related software
- Fast learner in educational environments
- Understanding of different disciplines and how they can be brought together in creating intellectual content
- Former exposure and experience in working with University programs and/or in multicultural environments will be highly considered
Work is performed in hotel seminar areas, museums, and archaeological sites of the program’s different locations. It involves moderate physical activity due to the frequent change of locations. The Programs Assistant will travel with the Program to Nafplio, Athens, Rethymno. All transportation and accommodation related costs, including every-day meals, will be covered by the Program.
Time status: Full-time seasonal
Schedule: 40 hours per week
Through this opportunity, CHS Greece seeks to add a new, young professional in its team for the 2019 program, and build a strong collaborative relationship which can result in future professional cooperation with the Center.
The applications deadline was January 31, 2019. For more information, please contact Christos Giannopoulos, Managing Director, CHS Greece: cgiannopoulos(at)chs.harvard.edu and/or Evangelos Katsarelis, Programs and Events Manager, CHS Greece: ekatsarelis(at)chs.harvard.edu
Harvard University’s Center for Hellenic Studies in Greece is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.