Dignas, Beate, and Kai Trampedach, eds. 2008. Practitioners of the Divine: Greek Priests and Religious Figures from Homer to Heliodorus. Hellenic Studies Series 30. Washington, DC: Center for Hellenic Studies. http://nrs.harvard.edu/urn-3:hul.ebook:CHS_DignasB_and_TrampedachK_eds.Practitioners_of_the_Divine.2008.
1. Priests as Ritual Experts in the Greek World
1. Who Needs Ritual Experts?
2. The Role of Generosity, Family Traditions, and Personal Piety
3. Ritual Experts for Local Rituals
4. Ritual Experts for Exclusive Rituals
5. Ritual Experts for Body and Soul
6. All Priests Are Zealous, but Some Are More Zealous than Others