Join Professor Gregory Nagy and a group of students, HeroesX participants, and alumni, March 10–18, on the Harvard Alumni Travels – Center for Hellenic Studies Spring Break Trip 2018, an immersive, 9-day exploration of Greece!
Travel back in time to ancient Greece, starting in the charming seaport town of Nafplio, home to Harvard University’s Center for Hellenic Studies. Then proceed through the Peloponnese to Delphi and Athens, exploring Greece’s famous archaeological sites and museums along the way. Supplement your journey with selected readings from translations of Homer, Pausanias, and even some modern authors.
Space is limited, so register now via the Harvard Alumni Travels website! Special rates apply, so take a look!
Please direct your program-related questions to the Harvard Alumni Travels (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +1 800 422 1636, +1 617 496 0806).
2018 Schedule by day:
- March 10: Arrive Athens / Transfer to Nafplio
- March 11: Nafplio / Visit the Acropolis of Mycenae, Palace & the Treasury of Atreus / Welcome Reception at the Harvard Center for Hellenic Studies in Greece
- March 12: Nafplio / Olympia
- March 13: Olympia / Visit the birthplace of the Olympic games / Delphi
- March 14: Delphi / Visit the “Navel of Earth” / Athens
- March 15: Athens / Parthenon and the Erechtheion / New Acropolis Museum / Ancient Agora
- March 16: Athens / National Archaeological Museum
- March 17: Athens / Hellenic Parliament / Walking tour of the historic center
- March 18: Departure from Athens