Join Professor Gregory Nagy and a group of students, HeroesX participants, and alumni, March 10–19, on the Harvard Alumni Association – Center for Hellenic Studies Spring Break Trip 2017, an immersive, 10-day exploration of Greece!
Travel back in time to ancient Greece, starting in the charming seaport town of Nafplio, home to Harvard University’s Center for Hellenic Studies. Then proceed through the Peloponnese to Delphi and Athens, exploring Greece’s famous archaeological sites and museums along the way. Supplement your journey with selected readings from translations of Homer, Pausanias, and even some modern authors.
Professor Nagy, in his 9th consecutive year as Harvard study leader, offers an intergenerational and academic experience that has become a perennial favorite of the Alumni Association.
Space is limited, so register now via the Harvard Alumni Association website! Special rates apply, so take a look!
For questions, please contact Marina Cheilitsi, CHS GR Programs Coordinator, via telephone (+30 27520 47030, Nafplio, Greece) and/or email mcheilitsi(at)chs.harvard.edu.
2017 Schedule by day:
- March 11: Arrivals in Athens / Drive to Nafplio
- March 12: Nafplio / Visit the Acropolis of Mycenae, Palace & the Treasury of Atreus / Welcome Reception at the Harvard Center for Hellenic Studies in Greece
- March 13: Drive to Pylos / Nestor’s Palace / Drive to Olympia
- March 14: Olympia / Visit the birthplace of the Olympic games / International Olympic Academy / Drive to Delphi
- March 15: Delphi / Visit the “Navel of Earth” / Drive to Athens
- March 16: Athens / Parthenon and the Erechtheion / New Acropolis Museum / Ancient Agora
- March 17: Athens / National Archaeological Museum
- March 18: Athens / Hellenic Parliament / Walking tour of the historic center
- March 19: Departure from Athens